World-renowned Winelands stalwart, Stellenbosch, reaffirmed its wealth of creative, top end gourmet talent by clinching no less than nine out of the 20 nominations in the running for the 2013 Eat Out DStv Food Network Top 10 restaurants - the best ever performance by the now firmly established "Gourmet Capital of South Africa".
These nine nominees highlight the area's growing trend of good quality restaurants opening their doors at wine estates and the quaint town's booming success as a top wine and dine destination.
They are :
1. Camphors at Vergelegen - PJ Vadas;
2. Delaire Graff Estate Restaurant - Christiaan Campbell;
3. Delaire Graff's Indochine Restaurant - Virgil Khan;
4. Jordan Restaurant - George Jardine;
5. Makaron at Majeka House - Tanja Kruger;
6. Overture at Hidden Valley - Bertus Basson;
7. Waterkloof Estate's "restaurant in the sky" - Gregory Czarnecki;
8. Rust en Vrede - John Shuttleworth;
9. Tokara Restaurant - Richard Carstens
2013 Eat Out DStv Food Network Restaurant Award for Service Excellence: Rust en Vrede
2013 Eat Out DStv Food Network Restaurant Award for Wine Service: Joakim Hansi Blackadder, Rust en Vrede
2013 Eat Out DStv Food Network Restaurant Award for Best Country-style restaurant: Towerbosch at Knorhoek
We applaud our chefs and their restaurants as they continue to push the culinary boundaries through innovation.
For high resolution images, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.