Kleine Zalze – 25 Year Celebration Menu, Lunch Special and Father’s Day
Winter arrived with some rainy days but also some beautiful clear sunny days. Ideal days for a day out in the winelands and a visit to Kleine Zalze to enjoy our winter hospitality offers.
Kleine Zalze Restaurant – New Tapas Menu
Kleine Zalze restaurant introduced a new winter menu from 1 June. The new menu sees several new tapa plates alongside some of the firm favourites on the menu. Some of the new tapa dishes to look forward to are octopus with pickled red pepper sauce, aioli and smoked paprika vinaigrette, a pea soup with smoked ham hock, sweet and sour bay leaf kidneys on toast or delicious mushroom cannelloni with black pepper and parmesan cream.
Winter Lunch Special
The restaurant is also offering a Lunch Special where any of the plats du jour dishes can be enjoyed at 25% discount from Wednesday to Friday.
The plats du jour menu also changed to introduce some hearty winter fair like:
- Cape bouillabaisse, seafood soup with saffron mayonnaise
- Venison pies with cassis sauce and red cabbage and pork fillet escalopes, lemon sauce, smoked mash and Brussel sprouts.
Father’s Day at Kleine Zalze
For Father’s Day we are offering a selection of interesting starters, hearty main courses and deserts. The menu is well priced to treat a family of four to a three-course meal at just R1100.
Wood fired rolls and oil breads with smoked salt butter on the tables.
Pan fired gnocchi, black tomato sauce, labneh cheese and pesto.
Pea soup with smoked ham hocks and “vetkoek “
Curry dusted calamari with crushed avocado and aioli and wild rocket
Braised lamb shoulder, green bean, onion and potato ragu with white peer sauce
Grilled line fish, bouillabaisse sauce, sautéed fennel and baby marrow and crispy pommes anna
Pork escalope fillet, creamy smoked mash, lemon and sherry sauce, Brussel sprouts
Mushroom cannelloni with truffle hollandaise and pickled wild mushroom
Guava and apple crumble with condensed milk ice cream
Blood orange panna cotta
Churros with hazel nut and cholate sauce
- Two courses available at R225pp
- Three courses available at R275pp
Mixed Cases Winter Promotion
We are running a winter special deal of 15% discount on our mixed cases for the whole of June when purchased from our online shop Remember that if you join our wine club or are already a member you will receive an additional 10% discount – meaning a 25% discount in total!
Mixed cases include a Cellar Selection White Mixed Case and a Cellar Selection Red Mixed Case, while the Kleine Zalze Vineyard Selection mixed cases have a Mixed Red & White, as well as a White Mixed Case and a Red Mixed Case. The MCC Mixed Case includes 3 x Kleine Zalze Methode Cap Classique Brut NV & 3 x Kleine Zalze Methode Cap Classique Brut Rose NV.
25 Year Special Celebration Menu
This year it is 25 years since the Basson family bought Kleine Zalze and started Kleine Zalze Wines. To celebrate, we are offering a 5-course Special Celebration Menu paired with carefully selected vintage wines from the last 25 years. The 5-course pairing menu will be available on Friday and Saturday nights at R485pp for the 5 courses. The wine pairing is available at R400pp.
The 5-course menu for June will be:
- Wood fired rolls and “vetkoek” with whipped butter, smoked salt and fynbos honey
- Kleine Zalze Vintage Brut 2009 – the first Cap Classique vintage produced on Kleine Zalze
- Aubergine, mushroom, haloumi, seaweed, mustard dressing, wilted baby spinach
- Kleine Zalze Family Reserve Sauvignon blanc 2009
- Tempura prawn with bouillabaisse sauce and saffron chilli aioli
- Family Reserve Chenin blanc 2013
- Confit duck leg, cured and grilled duck breast, cassis sauce, Puy lentils, charred Brussel sprouts.
- Family Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
- Braised lamb shoulder, potato green bean and onion ragu, white pepper sauce, crispy onions
- Family Reserve Shiraz 2007
- Quince and Apple crumble with condensed milk ice cream
- Project Z NV Sweet Fortified.
Source:Kleine Zalze Wines